At 08:55 PM 7/9/01 -0400, Mike Reagan wrote:

>I would like to correct you about the discount IPC offers. The coupon they
>issue to the designers council members is not redeemable, you must be an IPC
>member not a member of the designers  council.   They must have started this
>policy this year because I redeemed my coupons in the past, but his year
>they did  not honor it when I purchased additional manuals.  Have they
>honored yours?  I had to pay full price.

 From the Designer's Council web site:

"Free Designers Council Membership!

Did you know that when you join or renew your IPC Designers Council
membership we give you a $50.00 coupon to be used towards attending a
workshop or seminar or the purchase of IPC documents? This is like getting
your IPC Designers Council membership for free! Also, up to three coupons
can be saved up to use towards seminars or workshops. That's $150.00 off
the price of a class! These are just some of the value added benefits that
Designers Council members receive."

The DC site implies that one may "Save money on design by using IPC design
standards," listing this as a benefit of membership, but it is not explicit
that one receives the same discount as IPC members on publications.

However, on the page about the certification packages, there is a list of
IPC publications for use in study for the exam, with "member" and
"nonmember" prices. The non-member prices are the same as are advertised to
the public. The member prices are half the nonmember prices. When I joined,
I got the $50 coupon plus I paid the member prices. I was told that this
was a benefit of membership.

Perhaps only those specific publications are offered to DC members, which
would be a tad misleading....

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690