At 12:25 PM 11/07/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Dear Brent,
>         This is really a stupid idea, as I have mentioned before. We are
>interested in getting Protel 99 SE to work in a stable way, not how you can
>broaden your market. Please do not put AutoRFQ in any products or we will
>drop PROTEL!! There are NDA issues and extreme product confidentiality
>issues that no smart company will put up with here!
>
>Thanks,
>R. Gordon Price

Gordon,

I agree with you that the idea is a gimmick...but please do remember that
it is a server.  As such you can simply uninstall it and it will never be
an issue.  Alternatively, leave it installed but don't press the button -
you don't have to use it.  My beef is nothing to do with confidential data
etc but simply the diversion of Protel's programming resources away from
more directly useful tasks.

Are you really saying that you would drop a company because they added a
feature (hmmmm) that you don't have to use.  Or are you already marginal on
Protel, have an alternative and this is the last straw?  If so what
alternative package - I am interested?

Ian Wilson

Ian Wilson
Considered Solutions Pty Ltd