Is not having to talk to your suppliers really going to save you much time?
How likely is it that the manufacturers that one chooses from the menu of
500 will be able to accommodate a board design that has a to push the
manufacturing processes to get the desired performance, ie. using 6oz+
copper?

There have been times when a passing comment in the conversation raises a
red flag with the supplier and it saved me from asking them to do or make
something that was some combination of impossible, difficult, expensive or
unreliable.  In fact, it seems that the more that I talk with the suppliers,
within reason, the more likely that I arrive at the desired result faster.

Gordon is right.  I am not interested in how Protel can make more money,
though I don't want them to go bankrupt either.  I am more interested in how
Protel, or any other supplier, can help my employer (and consequently me)
make more money.

Phil So

The contents of this E-mail may contain information that is legally
privileged and/or confidential to the named recipient. This information is
not to be used by any other person and/or organisation. The views expressed
in this document do not necessarily reflect those of the company.