Agreed the Protel libraries (along with any others) need to be properly
verified. The point is trying to cram all these footprints into one super
library. If you just take the Protel semiconductor libraries as a basis for
working out the number of parts, plus variations as you describe, its rather
unwieldy. Add connectors (1K?) switches (1K?) general components (1K?) thats my
estimate. Did the original poster say he had 8500 footprints? In one library?
Thats serious library management problems.
The usual compliants about the footprint wizard and 'pathing' the footprint back
to a source library might solve a lot of the requirements for having 'verified'
footprints. I wouldnt use any part I didnt make myself but trying to make it in
the footprint wizard, it involves an estimation and a calculation and crossed
fingers Its a joke. Mr Protel this needs attention

BR Clive

"John Haddy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 07/25/2001 02:04:02 PM