At 07:10 PM 7/25/01 +1000, Ian Wilson wrote:
>On 08:55 PM 24/07/2001 -0700, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax said:
>
>>As I stated, I do prefer that we move this discussion to the new list,
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>You may prefer but the vast majority if people responding do not want
>another mail list it seems...

Mr. Wilson, we know, is allergic to new lists and only accepts them with
difficulty. However, there will need to be a *lot* of detailed discussion,
I expect, and we will need polling tools (if large numbers want to get
involved, otherwise it could be done more informally).

There are already more subscribers to the new list than there are people
responding in this thread, so Mr. Wilson's comment about "vast majority"
may be a bit biased. I know that I'm now suppressing my own responses here.
Obviously, I can't stop users from discussing the issue here, but, if past
discussions are a guide, there will be a lot of talk and little or no
action coming out of it. We will need *ratified* standards or we will end
up with a library that many designers won't want to use; I want to maximize
consensus on the standards so that they will truly represent the collective
wisdom of our fellow users.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690