We are moving from California to Massachusetts and things are a bit hectic
right now, but I have started a mailing list for the purpose of developing
-- or choosing -- standards for library creation. We might decide to adopt
en masse the IPC standards, or we might pick and choose.

Some good ideas have been proposed, but we need a mechanism for choosing
which ideas to follow and which ones to set aside. The Techserv list is
great for discussion, but not so great for making decisions. On a
yahoogroups list we will have, among other things, polling mechanisms so
that we can vote if we need to do so.

So I'm asking those who want to have input or at least to watch the library
standards process join

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

As with all the association lists on yahoogroups, you can join by sending a
piece of mail to

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

and then replying to the confirmation message from yahoogroups.

I do have reason to expect that Protel will welcome user involvement in
library creation. Protel itself would face liability issues by providing
user-supplied parts, but a user group would not face the same problem. Yes,
there will still be legal issues, but they can be addressed and I am
confident that there are reasonable solutions. First things first: the
standards.

I would suggest that we move the discussion to the new list. We will, I
assume, periodically report back to this list as to our progress and to
invite further participation.

I may, for reasons explained above, be a little slow in responding for the
next month.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690