Im assuming that the existing PCB footprint libraries on the Protel website
would be a subset of this super library.
The libraries are:

BGA                    531 footprints in 9 libraries based on pin pitch
Through Hole  107 footprints in 5 libraries
QFP's                 226 footprints in 12 libraries based on pin pitch and
index position (with duplicated footprints)
Chip carrier        74 footprints  in 2 libraries
SOP                   129 footprints  in 2 libraries

Plus a number of manufacturer specific and general libraries. Taking just the
semiconductor footprints, thats
1067 footprints that will be bundled into the super library that someone will be
remaking. Or will these footprints
 just be copied from the existing Protel libraries? If these seperate libraries
get jumbled into one library, will
 it make using and finding easier? Who will be doing the work on this?

Clive Broome
IDT Sydney Design Centre        Ph:         +61 2 9763 3513
8 Bayswater Dr, Homebush        Fax:        +61 2 9763 3409
Sydney,  NSW, 2127              Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Australia

         Australia's Leading Semiconductor Designers

"Ted Tontis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 07/24/2001 04:50:18 AM