I started the thread on this subject. I knew the size of this
project was going to be large, that is why I posted the thread in the first
place. I wanted to see if anyone else would like to help or even if anyone
wanted to have a large library system that was free. My idea was to get
everyone who wanted to try and shorten there design time and get there input
and ideas.
        I do not have 8500 parts in on library please give me some credit.
"I said that I am working on importing 8500 parts into Protel from another
cad system."  There are other designers doing this and they would most
likely trade footprints for footprints. The scope of this goes further then
here, and the possibility to increase the library could come from other
designers or as Mr. Lomax stated help from Protel. I am sure Protel is
following this thread closely, if we where to take up this project Protel
would be able to say we have the largest certified free library. That would
boost there sales to unbelievable numbers.
        As designers we sometimes have to make the impossible happen, and we
do make it happen. So why then all the negative remarks?

Ted

*                      - or email -