At 08:20 AM 10/23/01 -0700, Daniel Webster wrote:
>Thank you for your advice. I have done exactly what you have suggested in
>other cases and lived with the junction that appears. This still is not
>adequate though, for it appears to be an error of some kind on the
>schematic. Perhaps it is the best for now. I am hoping Protel will recognize
>and address this problem.

As has been noted, there really is no problem any more, since the
synchronizer does treat multiple pads with the same name as identical for
net list purposes. So you can control multiple padding completely and
correctly from the PCB, which is better in this case, since the same
schematic symbol can serve more than one footprint.

If you use the synchronizer, there is no need at all to place multiple pins
on the schematic. But it is another solution, that is true.

The only remaining detail is to fix the ordinary netlist load which has
some anomalous behavior with multiple pads; Protel obviously tried to fix
it but did not quite complete the job with SP5 or 6.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA