On 03:07 PM 24/10/2001 -0700, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax said:
>At 07:52 AM 10/24/01 +0200, Emanuel Zimmermann wrote:
>>Maybe that the reference point for the .lib part moved for whatever reason.
>>This can cause the component to be placed out of the working area after
>>update
>>PCB operation.
>
>Good thinking.
>
>Yes, that would do it, and it is not a terribly uncommon error. Move
>Component, clicked onto an empty space, will pull up a list of components,
>which will allow picking the component up. One will be able to tell
>immediately what its extents are when it is being moved. Editing it from
>the panel is another possibility, just change the XY coordinates by adding
>or subtracting appropriate values (remember, Protel will think that the
>component is at the reference position, which in this case will *not* be
>where the primitives are located.

This is exactly why I suggested that the netlist or component report should
be checked or even just use J-C to see if the component is still around
somewhere.  Though I suspect that this is not happening in this case as it
would be pretty hard to loose a large BGA package due to a shift - you
would think you would notice it sitting around somewhere.  The ratsnest
would certainly show something interesting.

Ian Wilson