Hi all,

I have been thinking about the support issue, and we can fix it :o)

All we need to do is download the demo, install it and phone when we get the
same problem as our legal copy, only good till they bring a new version out
that is above the one we are using. In a recent case I had, Protel 98 (My
legal copy) worked fine, I ran the Protel 99SE demo and could not print, so
I phoned Protel here in Au. Ofcourse they are going to help, and free of
charge too, THEY want to sell me an upgrade :o) (only reason I have not
upgraded is I do not want another wintel version I want to move to FreeBSD
............./me mutters) No one will buy an upgrade if the demo is broken
or does not work, no matter what the fault is. So Protel will still provide
FREE tech support on the latest release.

BTW I think as an organization Protel have shot themselves in the foot. They
have missed a great way of making money and making the testing phase shorter
and easier. We are a fairly diverse range of EE's etc, I am sure most of us
would beta test the software in exchange for a reduced upgrade fee, so they
miss out on some money as we are getting a cheap version, but atleast they
get to try and release a version with less bugs in it (although I seriously
think every new release has more bugs in it :o(

Regards,

Kat.

 /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  |        K.A.Q. Electronics
 \ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail | Software and Electronic Engineering
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail  |      Perth Western Australia
 / \                                            |        Ph +61 419 923 731