> Your experience with Protel support matches mine almost exactly, minus the
> 2 month late report.
> I do wonder how many others have had the same experience?
>
> Now, I would like to point out that all of us who post regularly to this
> list are "public figures" now, and might receive preferential treatment
> simply to keep stuff like this off this board.  I don't know if this is
> happening, but it sure isn't brain surgery to figure that
out....especially
> since they are now charging for the black hole treatment.
>
> Frank

I must say in Protels defence (and I do not know if living in Au makes a
difference and ringing them direct) that I have never had a problem with
support (and this was on a trial version of 99SE so maybe they wanted my
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) I could not get the PCB's to print, and it turned out to
be a file printer driver (you know like the M$ colour file device for
sending files for off set printing etc) deleted all of them and hey presto
it worked) I had around 2 phone calls and 4 emails from protel working out
the fault.

Since then I have had 3 phone calls to find out when I wanted to shift my 98
license to 99SE (I am refusing till they bring a *nix version out)

So I do not know if being a trial version with the potential for upgrade
$$$$$$$ made a difference, or if living in Au made a difference.

I would just like to say I think that the ATS is a load of crap, the info is
too open ended, there is no guarantee that you will get X version on this
date, or Y service packs, what happens if we all sign up for ATS, and in 12
months one day when we all need to pay our $$$$$ for the next 12 months,
they release the new version, is it a case of sorry you need to pay more
$$$$$ or do we get it cause we did not receive it during our last period (as
they had bugs holding it up) ????? just a hypothetical, but I am sure not
parting with $$$ I do not have to replace software that is in no way holding
me back ie 98 does all I need to do, why upgrade ???

Regards,

Kat.

 /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  |        K.A.Q. Electronics
 \ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail | Software and Electronic Engineering
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail  |      Perth Western Australia
 / \                                            |        Ph +61 419 923 731