> Is it just me, or was Protel98 a heck of a lot stabler before they
> client-servered and databased and OLE'd everything to death in 99?  I
liked
> 98 a lot, but 99 has been a big step back if you ask me...

It's all part of the trend towards distributed computing.  It's a concept
that is a mixed blessing, IMO.  The problem is that to make it work, more
than one computer has to be working properly, they must be connected by a
network that is working properly, and use protocols that are implemented
properly.  If any of the computers or any part of the network is down,
buggy, or being hacked, then you can forget it.  And we all know how tough
it can be to make just one computer work properly, much less several!  In
this context, when I say "computer", I mean the hardware and the software.

Wecome to the .NET future, where to write a letter, you need 1000 computers
networked together, a Passport account, and a paid-up software subscription.
Funny, I used to be able to do that with 1 standalone PC and 1 floppy disk
of software.  And before that, a pen and some paper ;-)

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com