At 02:14 PM 1/23/2002 -0600, John Whittaker wrote:
>Peter
>I agree.  Our investment into Protel has been tremendous.  We are not
>shareholders, so we have no voice,

We have no vote, per se, but we most definitely have a voice. It used to be
true that nearly every Protel employee subscribed to this list, and signs
were that they read it. With the Altium move and the dilution of the
product by PCAD, most notably, indications are that many of the Altium
employees, even those selling Protel, don't read it. But I'd be astonished
to find that Mr. Loughhead, the Protel product manager, doesn't read it....

Because company policy is apparently that the employees don't write to the
user list, we don't directly see this. But, as many of us have noted, a
complaint here about a specific problem sometimes results in an off-list
mail from someone at Protel with a helpful answer, especially when the
employee thinks that users have not satisfactorily dealt with the issue. Or
I've seen the Protel employee request a sample file showing the problem.

They read this list.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA