At 10:26 AM 2/13/2002 -0500, Ken Henrich wrote:
>Hi,
>When I open the Setup Mechanical Layers dialog box, many of the
>"Mechanical xx" titles are greyed as is the associated checkbox which is
>checked. Only two of these layers appear ungreyed and are displayable. All
>of the other greyed layers cannot be viewed in the pcb view though they
>can be used in a preview.

Weird. The checkbox is greyed if primitives exist.
What version Protel? 99SE? SP6?

The reported behavior is not normal for SP6.

What is the setting for the mech layers involved in Design/Options/Layers?
The reported behavior would occur if those layers were not enabled there,
except for the greying of the title, so I suspect that Mr. Henrich may have
erred about that, or he does not have SP6, or his installation is trashed
and he needs a reinstall.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA