Ken, Abd-ulRahman,
        The description of the issue does not make a lot of sense to me.

        I note that if I have any primitives on a mechanical layer, the
layer name in the mechanical layer set-up is greyed out. I have always
interpreted this as the layer is in use and cannot be disabled. When a layer
name is not greyed, then there are no primitives on that layer and it can be
disabled or unchecked.

        Possibly Ken has mechanical layers color set to the same color as
his background making them essential invisible? This would not let them be
seen visually in the display but they would still be visible in a preview
print. Other then this, I don't know!

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth 323 at Satellite 2002 in Washington, DC March 6-8.