At 03:55 PM 2/13/2002 -0500, Ken Henrich wrote:
>Back to my display problem. [...] In preview, I have no problem getting
>the data to appear.
>However, in the PCB edit mode, I cannot get every layer to display at once.
>If I could, I would get everything that I have placed on every layer.

No, not necessarily. That is, it might be there, but you might not be able
to see it. Colors must be appropriately set in Tools/Preferences/Colors and
visibility must be enabled for the primitives involved in
Tools/Preferences/Show/Hide

Under Tools/Preferences/Display, you might have Single Layer Mode enabled.
You might also have Use Transparent Layers enabled, under some conditions
that would make some layers invisible, depending on colors. Certain other
conditions might affect individual primitives or nets, but that would not
be the problem here.

>  I do
>have all mechanical layers visible in the mechanical layers setup dialog. In
>the design/options dialog I set use all layers. Now even though all the
>layers do not display, if I scan with the mouse, an area known to have a
>primitive I will see it pop up in the status display. I can then click the
>mouse and edit its properties normally. When I close the properties box, the
>primitive displays. When I hit view/refresh, it disappears.

Scanning with the mouse may reveal the presence of primitives on a layer
which are invisible because of display settings. Check what I have
mentioned, I think it will solve the problem. If not, someone else may have
another idea!

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA