So  the end result is your comp still freezes on text move for 2 seconds on 0805
and 12 secs for SOP? Thats way unacceptable performance.

In the table, the big jump is from DRC. Is it disabled using right
click/options/preferences/online DRC (unchecked)?
Are you using network licenses and remote or local database? Are the results
different if you open local and remote databases?
Has the performance always been like this or did it change ?
Have you tried doing an uninstall/ remove Protel *.ini files /reinstall of
Protel using the following method:

(A complete reinstall removes all customisations to menus and toolbars etc.)

1. Uninstall the Service Pack/s using Add/Remove programs in Control Panel.
2. Uninstall the Protel 99SE program using Add/Remove programs in Control
Panel.
3. Manually delete the Protel 99SE files from the Windows/Winnt folder.
To do this use the Find files function from the START menu button.
Search for *99SE.* it will probably find about 25-30 files, delete these.
4. Reinstall Protel 99SE.
5. Reinstall Service Pack 5

Then set your licences up again.

Clive Broome
IDT Sydney Design Centre        Ph:         +61 2 9763 3513
8 Bayswater Dr, Homebush        Fax:        +61 2 9763 3409
Sydney,  NSW, 2127              Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Australia

"Bob Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 02/22/2002 08:11:23 AM