At 10:00 AM 2/22/2002 +1000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>So  the end result is your comp still freezes on text move for 2 seconds
>on 0805
>and 12 secs for SOP? Thats way unacceptable performance.

Yes. It has occurred to me that there is another condition which might
cause this performance, which may or may not be related to this particular
incident. If there are primitives outside the workspace, certain operations
might be slowed down. This is easy enough to detect and fix that I'd check
it, at least, before going to a reinstall.

(Edit/Select/All, then Edit/Deselect/Inside, and keep the box inside the
workspace but big enough to include everything you can see and maybe some
hidden text overhanging. Then place a pad primitive, select it, and pick it
up and move it quickly. A box should appear. If this box goes off-screen,
you have something living out there in mystery space. Use the pad to move
it toward and onto the workspace (I've seen it take more than one move
across the workspace). You *could* simply clear the selection, but I, for
one, would be curious to see it. If it is a component, I'd want to know;
deleting the component will also remove its nodes from the net list, so DRC
won't catch it (until you re-synchronize, you *do* resynchronize before
considering the job done, don't you?)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA