At 05:11 PM 2/21/2002 -0500, you wrote:

Bob if it is just these two footprints and not others in your libraries try
deleting these two parts. They may be corrupted. I vaguely remember having
this problem years ago. Delete the parts save and exit Protel. Reenter
Protel and try to repair the library database. Now open the library and
rebuild the parts. Do not bring them in from another library that has been
made from a board that got the part from your current library under
question. Try the new library footprints in a new pwb.pcb file. If ok try
replacing these footprints in your pwb file.

>This has made my computer feel "snappy", but to move that same text was
>still unacceptable. Below is a chart for what increase performance:
>                                                 0805 device        SOP
>device
>Original performance            :08                        2:12
>after processor and                 :06                        1:47
>Compaq suggestions
>with DRC on/basic rules        :04                       :13
>with DRC off/ basic rules        :02                    :10
>
>This performance I can live with although still slower than the other
>computer and it has all rules on.
>
>Thanks all of you for your help, I haven't yet tried all my options from
>you, but I need to move on.
>I'm over and out!
>
>Bob Jones
>Digitized Technologies
>2 Summit Road
>P.O.Box 7284
>06712-1541
>Prospect, CT. 06712-1541
>Tel: 203-758-6312
>Fax: 203-758-3338
>email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Notice:  This message is intended solely for the person to whom it
>is addressed.  Unintended recipients will be legally responsible for
>unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or distribution.  If you have
>received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
>by replying to this message.  Then delete this message from your
>system.  Thank you.

Rusty Garfield C. I. D.
Development Technician IV
Sugar Land Product Center