Mike,
I have also seen this anomaly. I have noticed that it occurs sometimes after
placing a relatively large part on the schematic where the ref designator
and part type are separated by a great distance. If I place a smaller part
whether my own or a Protel library part, the two text items seem to get
stuck in the last positions of the former part placement. I simply rotate
the part I'm placing with the spacebar and both the ref designator and part
type switch back close to the part I'm currently placing. See if this works
for you.
Hope this helps.

                           GE Energy Services
______________________

Lloyd Good
Development Digitization

Substation Automation Solutions
General Electric Canada, Inc.
2728 Hopewell Place N.E., Calgary, Alberta T1Y 7J7  CANADA
Tel: 403.214.4777,  Dialcomm: 8.498.4777,  Fax: 403.287.7946
Website: www.gepower.com/geharrisenergy/

NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail is privileged, confidential
and intended solely for the use of the addressee named above. If the reader
of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me
immediately by telephone (collect) at (1) 403.214.4400 and destroy this
e-mail as well as any copy. Thank you.