Abd ul-Rahman or anybody else involved in this discussion,
        I have been following the comments on this thread without
understanding exactly what is happening in these discussions. Considering
Protel places the designator and comments at some arbitrary location upon
initial placement of the symbol, I cannot follow your comments below.
        Can you take a moment to explain your comments more thoroughly. I
really don't understand what you are saying because there is no user control
over the location of designators until they are edited/moved after symbol
placement. Or is there something that I have never discovered about the
placement of designators with regard to new symbol placement?
        I have even tried placing several differing components
(size/shape/designator locations) from our library. No matter what I did,
nor which order I placed them in, they always had their designators at
exactly the same location for any one part. I am baffled completely by this
thread, I don't see any correlation between designator locations and the
previous components designator locations.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth S8155 at NAB 2002 in Las Vegas April 8 - 11.