Tim,
        the first source by which schematic symbols are consolidated is the
PartType field. I couldn't find any Protel documentation which defines the
criteria for consolidation in a BOM but I know it starts with the PartType
field. Don't you think that Protel could give the schematic BOM generation a
bit more then a brief paragraph description in either the online help or the
manual?

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Visit us at Booth 2G2-09 at CommunicAsia 2002 in Singapore June 18-21.