Tim and Brad,
The BOM generator in Protel only considers two fields when sorting, the Part
Type and the footprint. This has been a source of pain for me in the past,
as unless you indicate on the schematic in the part type there is a
difference (ie. 10K 1% vs 10K 5%) these parts will be grouped together as
one, whichever the sorter finds first.
If you ask Ian Wilson he has a Consolidated Partlist Server which I
commissioned last year, that works incredibly well I might add.
This server is configurable and may well serve your purpose.
Regards,

                           GE Energy Services
______________________

Lloyd Good
Development Digitization

Substation Automation Solutions
General Electric Canada, Inc.
2728 Hopewell Place N.E., Calgary, Alberta T1Y 7J7  CANADA
Tel: 403.214.4777,  Dialcomm: 8.498.4777,  Fax: 403.287.7946
Website: www.gepower.com/geharrisenergy/

NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail is privileged, confidential
and intended solely for the use of the addressee named above. If the reader
of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me
immediately by telephone (collect) at (1) 403.214.4400 and destroy this
e-mail as well as any copy. Thank you.