Thanks, Ian, but I can't even see the toolbar anymore because Protel never
regains the focus again and other windows which are no longer repainted
correctly partially obliterate the remnants of the original window.
Eventually (by this morning) even all evidence of the original window have
disappeared and all that remains is the Client99SE button on the Win2000
start bar and the entry in the Processes list of the Task Manager.  Now it's
just cranking away in the background!

regards,
Tim Hutcheson