> On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:28, you wrote:
> > > I've been told by my boss that for what Altium are offering with ATS
it's
> > > just not going to happen here. DXP is way out of the question.
> > >
> > > It's a pity that more people wont jump on this bandwagon. They'll
> > > just keep forking out hard earned money for defective software.

Kat,
I am working for a Telcom company who has 6 seats of 99, 5 seats of 98.
Most of the engineers struggle with using schematic in 98 . Even with
shortcomings and bugs, the program is  very   usable.   The PCB designers
are using the 99 seats.  They hae pretty much expressed the same....why
upgrade?  Unless  there is some clear advantage to upgrade.  They also have
made a major investment in Spectra, spending almost 100K between 3 seats,
and training.  Specta was charging them 15 K per year for support and very
minor changes to the software. They dropped Spectra support and saved 30 K
already.   Specta runs fine without the 30K support, even though they are
sevreal revisions behind.     30K is alot of money in these days of cutbacks
, they were able to buy a network analyzer with the savings.   I doubt if I
could sell them on any reason why they should upgrade their CAE software for
the next few years.   It will be a tough sale

Mike Reagan
EDSI
Frederick MD

* Tracking #: 7225A5E5E601A2499EC4536D7810348EEC234F6B