Tony Karavidas wrote:

> I think you're in the minority on P98. I remember really enjoying the update
> from prior versions.
>
> What didn't you like about P98?

Well, I was running it on Windows 95, which wasn't recommended.  But, that's
what I had.  The major problem was with the autorouter, and I think there
was a real problem there.  But, I saw a lot of processes hanging, etc. and it
seemed really unstable.

> I was hesitant to install P99 because of the DDB issue, but after I got used
> to it, I liked it a lot.

Well, when I tried P99SE on the same machine, same OS, it seemed to work a
LOT better.  It still would crash daily or so, due to Win 95, but was otherwise

pretty stable, and the autorouter worked about as well as the default router
used to work.  Not great, but definitely better than the 15% completion per
day,
which was the BEST we'd ever gotten out of P98.  I suspect the computer and
OS were responsible for a large part of this, and I didn't know about that
until
P99 was out.

Jon

* Tracking #: FA3A11977FBA2242A0D77B1AA77F2D8125CBBAF6