mariusrf wrote: > I'm using 2 17" LCD's at 1280x1024 each, with a dual head card. I wouldn't > go back to a CRT . 17" LCd's can be had for little money now, paid $1000 for > both months ago. All things considered, the 2 lcd's give me more viewing > area for the money, more resolution , take less desk space and are sharper > than crt's for the same resolution .
I have a Dell 17" LCD monitor, it works quite well for Protel. It is the model 1702FP. List price is $799. It seems best to keep it at 1280 x 1024 resolution, although it does a pretty good job of interpolating for 1024 x 768. Some other resolutions really show artifacts. I've been using it for 9 months or so, and am real happy with it. I can't say it is BETTER than a really fine CRT with a good video card, but it definitely is not worse. Even color rendition on photographic or synthetic images with smooth color gradients looks as good as a good CRT. I also tried a 15" Dell LCD, and it definitely was inferior. Jon ************************************************************************ * Tracking #: D0E1512DE4399749ACE1B7EF156FAEE55E1CF3AA * ************************************************************************ * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * To post a message: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] * * To leave this list visit: * http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/leave.html * * Contact the list manager: * mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] * * Forum Guidelines Rules: * http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/forumrules.html * * Browse or Search previous postings: * http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected] * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
