From: "Brian Guralnick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2002 3:44 PM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Hardware questions (upgrade time - yuk!)

> Monitors (yuk!):
>
> Oh boy, this is a delicate subject.
>
> #1, Size.  From your letter, I'll bet you want at least 21 inch.  I've had
more experience with the monitors which have the damper
> wires.  I've gotten stuck in a loop where these have proven to be
brighter, sharper, & affordable.  To get the shame performance out
> of the standard circular grill type of picture tube typically sky-rockets
the price.

> My favorite choice here is the Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2040u.  This 22 inch
screen will give you the 2048x1536 AT 75Hz.  The focus &
> convergence uniformity over this entire screen from edge to edge has
always impressed me.  Especially when you consider the price of
> a new one is around 1,100$, I guarantee you can't go wrong.  1 extra
detail, if you will only use 1280x1024 & don't mind a minor
> loss in sharpness with this screen, manually set the R, G, B - Gains in
the color temperatures to 100%, maybe the G - at 90%, and
> set the contrast to 100%.  You will have a picture so bright that you can
use this screen for cad out-doors, in direct sunlight,
> with ease.  I have yet to see another screen go that bright without custom
RGB video amps & a display with smudgy focus & color
> bleeding.
>
> Monitor review:
> http://www.cadalyst.com/reviews/hardware/0500monitors/mitsu.html
> -notes : Best warranty
>             Flattest picture
>
> http://www.cadalyst.com/reviews/hardware/0702monitors/view.htm
> -notes : Cheapest screen, 700$.
>             I wouldn't recommend it for resolutions above 1280x1024.
>

> For an LCD solution, try here: (I don't have much experience with LCD
except that the STUPID 17 inch outdoor screen at my local
> Wendy's Drive thru has better contrast and color than the indoor desktop
LCD screens.  Why?)

> The only realistic LCD solution:
> http://www.cadalyst.com/reviews/hardware/0402lcd/dell.htm

* Tracking #: 65819DF2ADEA634184F6FD99578EB80E59C3AC94