I'm using 2 17" LCD's at 1280x1024 each, with a dual head card. I wouldn't go back to a CRT . 17" LCd's can be had for little money now, paid $1000 for both months ago. All things considered, the 2 lcd's give me more viewing area for the money, more resolution , take less desk space and are sharper than crt's for the same resolution .
Matt Tudor, MSEE http://www.gigahertzelectronics.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Guralnick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2002 3:44 PM Subject: Re: [PEDA] Hardware questions (upgrade time - yuk!) > Monitors (yuk!): > > Oh boy, this is a delicate subject. > > #1, Size. From your letter, I'll bet you want at least 21 inch. I've had more experience with the monitors which have the damper > wires. I've gotten stuck in a loop where these have proven to be brighter, sharper, & affordable. To get the shame performance out > of the standard circular grill type of picture tube typically sky-rockets the price. > > My favorite choice here is the Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2040u. This 22 inch screen will give you the 2048x1536 AT 75Hz. The focus & > convergence uniformity over this entire screen from edge to edge has always impressed me. Especially when you consider the price of > a new one is around 1,100$, I guarantee you can't go wrong. 1 extra detail, if you will only use 1280x1024 & don't mind a minor > loss in sharpness with this screen, manually set the R, G, B - Gains in the color temperatures to 100%, maybe the G - at 90%, and > set the contrast to 100%. You will have a picture so bright that you can use this screen for cad out-doors, in direct sunlight, > with ease. I have yet to see another screen go that bright without custom RGB video amps & a display with smudgy focus & color > bleeding. > > Monitor review: > http://www.cadalyst.com/reviews/hardware/0500monitors/mitsu.html > -notes : Best warranty > Flattest picture > > http://www.cadalyst.com/reviews/hardware/0702monitors/view.htm > -notes : Cheapest screen, 700$. > I wouldn't recommend it for resolutions above 1280x1024. > > > For an LCD solution, try here: (I don't have much experience with LCD except that the STUPID 17 inch outdoor screen at my local > Wendy's Drive thru has better contrast and color than the indoor desktop LCD screens. Why?) > > The only realistic LCD solution: > http://www.cadalyst.com/reviews/hardware/0402lcd/dell.htm > ************************************************************************ * Tracking #: 65819DF2ADEA634184F6FD99578EB80E59C3AC94 * ************************************************************************ * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * To post a message: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] * * To leave this list visit: * http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/leave.html * * Contact the list manager: * mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] * * Forum Guidelines Rules: * http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/forumrules.html * * Browse or Search previous postings: * http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected] * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
