Careful, Brian might call your LCDs junk as he did mine a few months ago. I happen to agree with you Matt. I purchased two brands of 17" LCD monitors: Sylvania (which is Princeton I believe) and Envision and they booth are razor sharp. The color gradation is nowhere near a tube, but I don't care. The limited Photoshop and Illustrator work I do doesn't require very accurate color.
TOny > -----Original Message----- > From: mariusrf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] > Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2002 4:17 PM > To: Protel EDA Forum > Subject: Re: [PEDA] Hardware questions (upgrade time - yuk!) > > > I'm using 2 17" LCD's at 1280x1024 each, with a dual head card. I wouldn't > go back to a CRT . 17" LCd's can be had for little money now, > paid $1000 for > both months ago. All things considered, the 2 lcd's give me more viewing > area for the money, more resolution , take less desk space and are sharper > than crt's for the same resolution . > > Matt Tudor, MSEE > http://www.gigahertzelectronics.com > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Brian Guralnick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2002 3:44 PM > Subject: Re: [PEDA] Hardware questions (upgrade time - yuk!) > > > > Monitors (yuk!): > > > > Oh boy, this is a delicate subject. > > > > #1, Size. From your letter, I'll bet you want at least 21 > inch. I've had > more experience with the monitors which have the damper > > wires. I've gotten stuck in a loop where these have proven to be > brighter, sharper, & affordable. To get the shame performance out > > of the standard circular grill type of picture tube typically > sky-rockets > the price. > > > > My favorite choice here is the Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2040u. > This 22 inch > screen will give you the 2048x1536 AT 75Hz. The focus & > > convergence uniformity over this entire screen from edge to edge has > always impressed me. Especially when you consider the price of > > a new one is around 1,100$, I guarantee you can't go wrong. 1 extra > detail, if you will only use 1280x1024 & don't mind a minor > > loss in sharpness with this screen, manually set the R, G, B - Gains in > the color temperatures to 100%, maybe the G - at 90%, and > > set the contrast to 100%. You will have a picture so bright > that you can > use this screen for cad out-doors, in direct sunlight, > > with ease. I have yet to see another screen go that bright > without custom > RGB video amps & a display with smudgy focus & color > > bleeding. > > > > Monitor review: > > http://www.cadalyst.com/reviews/hardware/0500monitors/mitsu.html > > -notes : Best warranty > > Flattest picture > > > > http://www.cadalyst.com/reviews/hardware/0702monitors/view.htm > > -notes : Cheapest screen, 700$. > > I wouldn't recommend it for resolutions above 1280x1024. > > > > > > For an LCD solution, try here: (I don't have much experience with LCD > except that the STUPID 17 inch outdoor screen at my local > > Wendy's Drive thru has better contrast and color than the indoor desktop > LCD screens. Why?) > > > > The only realistic LCD solution: > > http://www.cadalyst.com/reviews/hardware/0402lcd/dell.htm > > > > > > ************************************************************************ > * Tracking #: 65819DF2ADEA634184F6FD99578EB80E59C3AC94 > * > ************************************************************************ > > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * To post a message: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] * * To leave this list visit: * http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/leave.html * * Contact the list manager: * mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] * * Forum Guidelines Rules: * http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/forumrules.html * * Browse or Search previous postings: * http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected] * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
