> Protel is missing a bet by not offering a stand-alone full-featured
> Mechanical
> CAD package based on the 99SE interface. But *Please*, Protel, be sure to
> maintain full two-way file conversion with all ACAD File Formats ever
> released!

Good idea, but not easy - Autodesk loves to change the formats with each
release.

BTW, I recently saw LinuxCAD's website.  It seems they offer an AutoCAD
replacement for $99.  And they offer versions that run on Windows, for those
who don't use Linux yet.  I don't know how good their product is, I just saw
the website.

I repeat my advice to Altium to release a free schematic editor.  This way
they can overcome Orcad in the marketplace, and get more suite sales by
seeding the market with Protel users.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.