Hi there,

The only problem with simply file swapping the top layer with an internal
plane is you would not have any pads for the components since they are
hogged out on planes.   That's why you ultimately have to merge the two
layers, but thats a problem since they are oposite polarity images.

Having the board house merge the layers is a good idea.   Unfortunately you
won't be able to really browse and inspect the final artwork (gerber files)
as easily before you send the files out.   Maybe the merge could be done in
Camtastic or some other prog?

Dave Lewis

"Peter Bennett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 07/30/2002 02:27:30 PM