Abdul   wrote
AND WELCOME BACK!

> Suppose the worst designer reading this list knows how to accomplish the
> task? Should he keep it to himself?

No that automatically requalifies the  worst designer as the best of the
best

.>It is generally not necessary  to pour in more than one direction.........

That we havent tried.   I might have mentioned this is a backplane.... I saw
it for the first time today,  it has 42,000 pads

> If one desired pour track to pass between pins with a narrow width, it is
> not necessary to set the entire pour to that width. Instead. Make a
> pass-through pattern for a part and copy that pattern over the part with
> the pour already done. Protel will assign these copied tracks the proper
net.

That is too risky and cumbersome of a solution if we have to edit the
design,   but thanks

> First, route the ground (if that's the net being used) with track entirely

Abdul,
we decided to "BAG" ( our terms means Sh- can )  the merge system becuase
the we can not control verification on a board that cost 10K a pop .  POP
means each for you down under.    We will attempt dividing the design into 4
quadrants and pour separately.

Thanks

Mike Reagan
EDSI

* Tracking #: 5C18A182D0451645ABEFB0347B0181D5D3D3304E