> >Exactly my point. Nothing can beat a PCB designer with 10 years
> >experience. Computers are simply not smart and not adaptive enough. Most
> >board tools are programmed by people that have never made a board in
their
> >life. And layout people wouldn't be caught dead writing programs.
>

> A number of us must be dead then.

Dead men buy no EDA software...

Or out of work.  If you know any PCB designer who can program and who is out
of work, encourage them to start/contribute to an open-source software
SCH/PCB project.  I would love to see some alternative to high-priced EDA
software, which only gets more expensive with time, i.e. Microsoft and
Altium products going up, up, and away.  Isn't it crazy how hardware prices
get ever lower and software prices keep going up?

Openly-documented file formats would be so great.  And target it to run on
Linux.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com

> On 09:20 AM 2/08/2002 -0400, vincent mail said:
>

> >Exactly my point. Nothing can beat a PCB designer with 10 years
> >experience. Computers are simply not smart and not adaptive enough. Most
> >board tools are programmed by people that have never made a board in
their
> >life. And layout people wouldn't be caught dead writing programs.
>

> A number of us must be dead then.
>
> Ian

* Tracking #: 52952B7FD340134486161618567E15917D5D1735