Now to something completly different ...

I use Protel 99SE SP6 and i want to create / modify my design rules so that
there will be no drc errors if a pad and / or a track is touching the keep
out.

Imagine a pad placed inside the pcb-outline and keepout's but the outter
diameter of that pad is not inside the keepout as the outer diameter is
bigger than the relative distance of the pad to the keepout.

the reason is that a have to place pads at the edge of the pcb that there is
no gap between the pad / track an the keepout (the outline of the pcb) so
the copper will be directly at the end of a pcb side ... yes i know that
there should be normaly a gap of about 20-25mil but in this case i realy
need the pads and tracks be placed at the edged ..

i have tried to setup some design rules like

Clearance Rule
A: Object Kind (Via; TH-Pad; Tracks/Arcs)
B: Object Kind (KeepOuts)
Any Net
Minimum Clearance 0mil

but all i enter in these dialog box still produces DRC erros as if it is in
general not allowed to place anything directly with no gap to a keepout.

well of course i could ignore these messages, but i prefer a final pcb
without any drc error messages.

any ideas ?

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Michael Schmitt
Baumer Ident GmbH
Entwicklung / Development Department
Hertzstr. 10
D-69469 Weinheim
Deutschland / Germany
Tel. +49 (0) 6201 9957 - 30
Fax. +49 (0) 6201 9957 - 99
E-Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: <http://www.baumerident.com/>

* Tracking #: B20D94969EBD90418293584CEC291816420C6E43