Michael, I've handled this issue by offsetting the Keep Out tracks/arcs
outside the physical edge of the board by a fixed amount, say 10mils.
If the board is to have Polygons or Planes, you may have to create a
temporary set of keepouts to control polygon/plane pours to a wider
clearance; if these polygon control keepouts are made with a unique
track width, they can be easily selected and moved off-board for later
DRC operation. Note that most board houses will be unhappy with copper
closer than 10mils to the physical edge of the board, as the outer copper
can get ripped up during routing. They may be willing to do it, but will
probably need a special fab note which OKs damage to the copper.

Brian