we run into this all the time
just don't think of the keep out as the board outline
we make the board outline on mech 1 or whatever and then draw the
keep out layer either on top of the board layer or inside the the board
layer a little bit

in your case you would just bend the keep out layer around the pads by
the appropriate amount

Dennis Saputelli