From: "Dennis Saputelli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] KLUNK! - Whats wrong with this picture.

> yeah i never noticed that either (the difference in the closing 'klunk')
> but we do get it sometimes too
>
> i wonder if this has anything to do with the 'issue' of phantom copies
> of protel still running even after it is quit
> which seems to be specific to WIN2K
>
> (i.e., the situation where Protel shows in the task manager after it has
> been closed)

This is what I mean by "hidden" processes, and "leftover" processes, the
things that never show up in Task Manager, but cause additional "crashes"
and never show up until you try to shutdown, and then bingo, there it is,
and you have to say "END NOW".

> maybe the KLUNK is really trying to tell us something

I would venture to say that Protel / Altuim as made a very simple but
serious programming blunder here that is on the one hand very simple, but
yet at the same time very fundamental, and is in reality "the root of all
evil" speaking in terms of things Protel

This does appear to be a real programming error.

This does appear to be a fundamental problem.

This does appear to be a bonafide legitamate bug.

This does appear to possibly be the answer to other problems with Protel.

Murphys Law states that this problem has possibly propagated thru into DXP,
which I own, but which is still in the box, and not installed yet. Can
anybody out there who has DXP running (yeah, I know, that is an oxymoron,
like military intelligence) check this problem out on DXP.

Can we also add this to the Official Protel 99 SE BUG list on Yahoo! ?

JaMi

Yes Altuim, I really do want my Service Pack 7.

* Tracking #: F117FDA09B206C41BFC678D36A0DB4AE4E618CF1