Thanks Dwight,

See below:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dwight" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Protel EDA Forum'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Whats wrong with this picture.

snip

> However, I didn't notice any significant speed difference in my
environment
> (PIII 500MHz), 2-3 seconds either way.

If I just start Protel and then end it immediately, then it takes about the
same amount of time.

However, if I have been working on a large database, with lots of goodies
open, and then I save everything, and then close all of the individual open
processes, and then close the database, so that I am simply staring at a
bare screen in Protel, then there is a tremendous difference in time based
in the manner of closing.

It appears that the Microsoft way of closing, via the big "X" ("Close"),
simply closes everything oughtright and recovers all of the resourses
properly.

However, and here's the biggie, now that you have confirmed to me that this
happens on another system and that it is not just a figment of my
imagination, it just may well be that Protel 99 SE itself does not properly
manage all of the resources on exiting from the "File" menu pulldown via
"Exit", and hence the "KLUNK!"

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY . . .

I have noticed in the past few days when I have used the "file" menu
pulldown to almost exclusively do all of my saving and closing and exiting
(paranoia over the posibility of loosing something on a very important
contract job),  that I have also been the victim of a number of "leftover"
and "hidden" processes.

Is this possibly the "Final Answer" to the remaining unresolved system
crashes and "hidden" (unclosed) processes?

Thank you so very much for your input.

Does anybody else have any comments?

JaMi

PS - I WANT MY SERVICE PACK 7 ! ! !

* Tracking #: 6B7EAD88A6E9D54ABEEC5AB6C56E6DAF6630D1A7