mariusrf wrote:

> I've had very good results with www.pcbexpress.com for small quantities or
> protos .
> They don't charge tooling , also no electrical test for less than 20pcs
> protos .

Well, when we made a manufacturing run of 10 6-layer boards with about 1000
components/board, we asked for, and paid for, electrical test.  The boards had
the
white, circular ET stamp on them, too.  But, obviously, not tested, as they
were
full of shorts and opens.  They gladly took our money for the E test, too.

> 3 days 4 layers no soldermask , ALWAYS (and I mean always) on time with zero
> problems.
> 4 days 4 layers LPI soldermask +silkscreen both sides, ALWAYS on time with
> no problems.
> No monkeys flipping layers, changing layer order , adding holes, etc. Board
> quality looks good even under microscope , laminate schedule is consistent .
> Only drawback is everything is automated. Submit files via ftp, pay over the
> web, get boards 4 days later. No muss no fuss .
> Did I mnetion they're the least expensive of the bunch ? Far less than
> Advanced Circuits for same quality and quantity .

There was a time, about 3 years ago, where AC got quite expensive, and
www.pcbnet.com was HALF their price!  But, I can't handle them not doing
the electrical test and saying they did it!  Fortunately, AC has come down
and is often better than pcbnet's price, although I haven't checked them
this year.

You just don't get to

> speak on the phone with your favorite salesdroid , that's really sad .

I do all my orders to AC electronically, too.  I usually don't speak to anyone
there unless my board goes on hold.

Jon

* Tracking #: E878D9E0CCA2C2448823C4CD9EE511792DFCBA3B