Jon Elson said:
We used to use Imagineering, aka www.pcbnet.com, as they
were cheaper than Advanced Circuits a few years ago.  Beware,
though, that they charge for electrical test but may not actually
do the test.  We had a 6-layer board that they did for us, it had the
ET stamp on it, but a batch of the boards were NOT tested.
We don't have the equipment to test them ourselves, so we find
the inner layer shorts, etc. AFTER all the parts are on.  Well, we
have no other choice but to blacklist them on this particular
type of problem.  We have gone through about 5 fabricators
due to this same game.  Advanced Circuits has NEVER pulled this
stunt on us. Before we went to Advanced Circuits the first time,
we used Proto-Circuits in Alpharetta, GA, and left them for the same
reason.

Thank you for making me aware of this problem.  This kind of
shoddy and dishonest workmanship is unacceptable to us.  We
do low-rate production, and our profit is based on a smooth
development cycle.  If we populate a board and it fails test,
we are in trouble.  A prolonged troubleshooting period threatens
both our delivery date and our profit.

miker

* Tracking #: B8709D0DB7F3604DAAB386D812A88672E6996313