All of the following questions are based on the following premise: I have
Gerber files of an old design that I want to import into P99SE or DXP, and
notwithstanding the initial problems that I may have getting the files
imported, lets assume as a starting point that I have all of the appropriate
primatives imported on to their appropriate layers. Another way to look at
this would be take a completed design done in P99SE or DXP, and delete the
schematic, release all of the primitaves of all of the components, and clear
all of the nets, etc., etc., etc... What I now have as a starting point for
all of the following questions is a design full of primitives on individual
"copper" layers, and other primatives on other types of layers such as soder
mask, paste, overlay, etc., etc., etc., but now all of these primatives are
basic, simple, standalone, isolated, and untrelated, to each other, in any
manner other than their actual placement and individual size and shape.

Question 1. Will Protel 99 SE, or Protel DXP, or any other EDA System for
that matter,