At 06:10 PM 9/24/2002 -0700, Tony Karavidas wrote:
>Dump primitives are just that: dumb. The tools have no idea they are
>vias, pads, etc. (except for that thing I mentioned at the top) If
>you're lucky, the vias and pads are different sizes, so you could search
>for the size of the vias, and select them. Then, go drop a real via on
>top of them. If you did all your parts beforehand, all the free pads
>(that's what they will look like when the gerbers are brought back) will
>probably be mostly vias.

Better, once you have deleted all the footprint pads, method described
elsewhere, all remaining pads could be assumed to be vias and this will
mostly be correct if not entirely. Then use Tools/Convert/Selected free
pads to vias. You'll have to edit them to be through-hole (multilayer) with
holes of the right size first, but that can be done at the same time as you
select them with a global edit.

As to "no idea", this is not completely true. DRC will pick up all these
pads, and any free pad existing in the DRC report can be identified by
methods that will have to be described elsewhere.