No, the DRC considers all round things (when read back from a gerber
set) as free pads. Not only are the free pads, they are two free pads
per 'real' pad or via. One on the top and one on the bottom. Some might
be vias some might be pads. The software does not know. After he
replaces the parts with real parts, the rest of the round things will
probably be vias, but only the designer will really know. There is no
way to tell from gerber. Some may be test point and would need to be
exposed, unlike the majority of vias that might be tented.

If there are