Hi Dennis,
        as for your question, yes you can destroy the handles by saving the
PCB as ASCII, exporting, re-importing. Viola, the handles are removed,
destroyed, deleted. Delete the other non-ASCII PCB files of course.

        I haven't tried the netlist load yet, I was trying to find an issue
in the schematic end that would correct the problem. Tried several things in
the schematic without success. I can't figure out why it is just 14 nets,
there are probably 50 nets being used under the exact same conditions as
these 14. I have run this about 10 times so far and several 2nd or third
updates and the results are very consistent, the very same 14 nets every
time. 2nd or 3rd updates do the infamous vacillating the nets back and forth
between the duplicate nets upon every successive update.

        I was about to try the netlist load just as your message came in.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com
Norsat's Microwave Products Division has now achieved ISO 9001:2000
certification