I'm somewhat curious about the error message you are getting

> Now I'm getting this error when I try to save all:
>
> [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Database has
> reached maximum size.

The fact that the error message is mentioning ODBC makes me think that your
administrator has set up protels *.ddb database (renamed access database
extension (*.mdb)) in the odbc "Data sources" applet in the "Control
Panel->Administrative Tools" folder...

If this is the case then perhaps you might want to get in touch with the sys
admin and see if they've put a limit on the database size.

The reason I'm suggesting this is because unless the database has been
assigned to ODBC, it shouldn't be using ODBC at all!

ODBC = Open Data Base Connectivity is used for sharing a database with other
apps that are not designed to specifically use that database's interface.
For example using ODBC you can acces "DBase" database's with Microsoft
Acces... but if the Dbase database is password protected then you are going
to need that password in ms access.

Since protel's ddb file is password protected by the protel app, using ODBC
is a waste of time since if you wanted to acces the dbb's data with another
application using odbc you wouldn't be able to get acces to it.