Jami

> 1. Should I install an anti-virus program?

Of course you should, especially if the workstation shares time with
internet access and/or email. But remember, it is a safety cushion, not a
cure/solution.

The choice of vendors would be yours.

Norton has had more than its fair share of problems in the windows
environment (especially W98/ME) with Access Violations & crashes attributed
to it (all in MS KB), not a good record. It is also not reviewed well by a
lot of independent sources. But I know many people who are happy with it.

Simply put, the more routes 'in' you give for infection, the more important
it is to take precautions.

> 2. If so, which anti-virus software should I use?

Personally I use Mcafee, that's not a recommendation, but it has not caused
me any problems and integrates into Outlook shell very well, that's all I
can say.

> 3. Has anyone experienced any problems with any specific anti-virus
software causing problems with Protel (99SE or DXP)?

No, I can honestly say I get more Access Violation errors shutting Protel
down (using it is reasonably stable) than I ever get from my AV software.

John