> Hi all
>
> On several occasions I've seen postings here, that suggest checking Gerber
> files for nefarious errors.
> I've examined these files and found them to be text files full of data (a
> lot like EPS files).
> I'm hoping that checking Gerber files doesn't mean understanding the data!
> 8-)
>
> My question is how do you view and/or check the gerber? Is there some
gerber
> viewer program out there that I need to know about, or perhaps a feature
in
> protel99se that I'm not aware of.

I think that this is one feature that Protel is really missing.  The ability
to preview (in a graphical sense) the produced gerber file.  There are free
downloadable gerber previewers available just by doing a google search.  The
one I've got on my machine here is PentaLogic ViewMate.  Although I don't
really use it as much as I should...

I think that perhaps the print(ing) in Protel should be done using the
Gerber interface as this way it will force a correct Gerber interpreter into
the program, as well as correct Gerber creation. :)