For 99SE there was a separate application called camtastic (www.camtastic.com).
This was available,  at one point,  to 99SE users as part of an upgrade deal.
So,  not sure if you have this or not.  It was later integrated into DXP.

There is also a standalone viewer:
http://www.camtastic.com/downloads/index.html

As for the legend,  there is some documentation either in the on-line
help,  or in the manual (or both?),  I believe it can be found under "file
extensions".

---Phil