----- Original Message -----
From: "Alfonso Baz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2002 1:50 AM
Subject: [PEDA] Viewing gerber files

> Hi all
>
> On several occasions I've seen postings here, that suggest checking Gerber
> files for nefarious errors.
> I've examined these files and found them to be text files full of data (a
> lot like EPS files).
> I'm hoping that checking Gerber files doesn't mean understanding the data!
> 8-)
>
> My question is how do you view and/or check the gerber? Is there some gerber
> viewer program out there that I need to know about, or perhaps a feature in
> protel99se that I'm not aware of.

Hi Alfonso!

The best is to use the same viewer as your pcb fab.

My default pcb fab uses Lavenier Viewmate
There is a freeware version. You can only read gerber
files and measure distances. But this is mostly enough.

Another useful viewer can be found at
http://www.graphicode.com/index.cfm?section=download
It is freeware too.

Good luck,